Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

I just have to take the time out to say, Happy Birthday, to my Mom.


Maybe she'll never see this blog post, but the fact that it's dedicated to her is what counts.


Random thought, but I was thinking the other day about what it would be like to write a sex column.
But now that I think back,  Carrie Bradshaw was a sex column writer.


And for those of you who don't know, Carrie Bradshaw is the main character from Sex and the City played by Sarah Jessica Parker. Sex and the City was my one of my mom's favorite shows. So I was made to watch that show religiously, but I did enjoy it (after a while). 


Her other favorite shows were Friends, The Sopranos, The L Word, Weeds, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit or Criminal Intent, and Snapped. Lol these shows pretty much describe her. So I'm fairly acquainted with these shows even though they are not my favorite shows. However, I digress.




But when my mom was my age, 21 years old and 51days, it was after my little brother Elijah's due date by about 5 or 6 days. Then the alotted amount of time passes, and she births my Nano.  That's just crazy to think about. . . that if I were her in her age,  I would be close to having a child, less than a week away actually.
And then whats really spectacular, and makes me think Damn! is that just 8 mos. later, she got me. Right before her 22nd birthday.  And I had just turned 12.
I love you Mom.


In actuality, she is my cousin. My true mother's brother's daughter. But legally she became my guardian, never giving up on me until I was 18.


And when I first moved out to L.A, I really thought I was a triple og or something. I got straight A's my first semester at Hami. But then I started doing whatever I wanted. I hung out with all these cute ass thugs from some little gang or clic that was repped pretty hard there. It was the crew with the finest guys though.  And I hung out with them, told my moms I wasn't coming home, told her I wanted to do what I wanted to do and she wasn't gonna stop me. She said fuck it. If you wanna do what you wanna do, fine. You can have your key and come and go as you please.

I said, okay. I hopped in the car with her and she drove my ass straight to Redlands.
That was the worst punishment ever. Luckily she came and picked me up two weeks later.
Redlands was boring af after going to L.A. I just didnt know anybody there anymore. Especially since all my friends were actually in Colton.
That was winter 10th grade.


But my Mom never gave up on me, but that's the closest she ever came. Oh, and on top of all that, my mother read the diary I had at the time. Why you so nosey daaaang?(*Dads voice*)
And she saw some evol stuff I had written. I always right for a certain imagenary audience. In a sense, myself.


But happy birthday mother, you have shaped me into the person I am today, and for that, I am forever thankful.


And her baby daddy too, Cj, Elijah's dad and my dad, kind of, he's always been there. If not physically, then financially. He's been there most of time for us, and he's too generous. In fact he pays my mothers $1400 rent now -__- 
But she's finishing up her doctorate so she kind of needs it. She just finished the school part, all she has to finish is her internship hours. She's has to practice a certain amount of hours before she can graduate and be licensed. So next year around summer, she will graduate with a doctorate in pyschology? from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.  I'm muy proud of you mama!


I will love my Mom 'til death.


I mean, we are only 10, or 11, years apart.  But certainly that'll mean like having to live 20 years without her. Certainly, I have been through loss before, and that made me realize that the death is a part of life. For the only that you are guaranteed when you are born, is that you will die.




And one last story about my dad that I meant to tell but then started talking about my mom.


So it was the day before I was moving up to San Francisco, and I went to my mom's new place in Santa Monica. Now she lives across the hallway from my dad, and on a slightly nicer street than she was on before. And I'm meeting them up for brunch.


And we went to some cafe that was bomb af in Samo, forget what it was called, I think Jack & Jill's. But idk. And my mom asked me a topic that was real close to heart. It made me cry.
And my dad was there, listening but not talking at this particular scene. I don't think he has forreal seen me cry. But he did.
And then we rode bikes back, and my dad rides a board, to my moms house. And when I was leaving, he totally pulled out his wallet and gave me a $100, just because. And i appreciate that.


I think he's the hardest person for me to accept money from, because it's just for nothing some times.


Generousity. Fuck wit it.




Anyways, Peace my peeps. Got some ish to do! SWAG Happy Birthday Mom! :)








*Tell them pussy clean, tell them pussy squeaky, lets bust this pussy open in the islands of Wakikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii*
Love Nicki Minaj though
Vulgar af  n i love it.


Stop, now make that mutherfuker hammertime.

No comments: